Ramsgate Holiday Accommodation - Sleepy Shaws
Located on the second floor of the Praslin complex you are spoilt with a spectacular view of the adjoining beach to Ramsgate's main beach. Walking into Sleepy Shaws you are greeted with an open plan kitchen, dining room and lounge (with free DSTV available) which leads out onto a spacious verandah which is ideal for a large braai with family and friends.
- Out of Season - R750.00 per night
- Low Season (Long weekends, June/July holiday and Sep/Oct holiday) - R1000.00 per night
- Semi Season (Easter, March/April holiday, Bikers weekend and 1st half of Dec and Jan - R1500.00 per night
- Peak Season (20 to 31 Dec) - R2000.00 per night
Leading off from the kitchen are 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (1 en-suite). The master bedroom is home to large double bed, built-in storage and its own en-suite bathroom with shower, bath and toilet. The master bedroom has its own access to the verandah through large sliding doors. On a hot day, open them up and enjoy the soothing sound of the waves crashing and the refreshing breeze coming off the ocean.
Heading back down the passage, you'll find on your left a spacious bathroom with shower, bath and toilet. After a long sun filled day on the beach, there is nothing better than coming back to a long soak in the bath or a quick shower for the kids to get rid of any unwanted beach sand.
Before entering the first of the two other bedrooms, you have access to both a washing machine and tumble dryer giving you the luxury of not having to source local laundromats. The first of the other two bedrooms features a double bed and built-in wall cupboards, providing you with ample storage space.
The second bedroom also features built-in wall cupboards but, opposed to a double bed, this room features two singles. Ideal for the children.
The complex sports a communal pool which is a great alternative to getting knocked around by the waves if you feel like a more relaxing option. Right next to the pool are several braai areas if you feel like socialising with other occupants of the complex. Also available to you is completely secure parking.
Outside of the complex, Ramsgate has a lot to offer. With a variety of pubs and restaurants you're sure to enjoy your evenings without having to venture too far out. A popular spot to visit in Ramsgate is the incredibly popular Waffle House
which overlooks the Ramsgate Lagoon. Adjacent to the Waffle House sits the Gaze Gallery which houses some of South Africa's best-known artists and potters, including Barry Dibb and David Walters. Other must see attractions in and around Ramsgate are:
- The Crocodile Farm, home to over 200 adult Nile Crocodiles, a gallery, restaurant, curio shopand Wine Cellar, a firm favourite amongst its visitors.
- The Bistro, a family pub and restaurant.
- The Margate Country Club, a challenging golf course that was upgraded in 1995, transforming it into one of the finest courses on the South Coast.
- Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve has a great selection of wildlife, various hiking trails and picnic sites in an area that boasts spectacular cliffs and forests.
- Pure Venom Reptile Park, the biggest reptile currently in South Africa has an impressive selection of both indigenous and exotic reptiles